Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Paul Rusesabagina

On Monday my college will be welcoming Mr. Paul Rusesabagina, the inspiration for the movie Hotel Rwanda, where he will do a speech about his experience. I have the pleasure of thanking him for coming and imparting his story of heroism upon us. After Monday I will post what I have to say, as I have been thinking about it quite diligently. It is a real honor to be able to meet him and listen to his tragic story. His story, unfortunately, is one that continues to have significance around the world, as similar conflicts are carried out all over. I also get the opportunity to have lunch with him and a select few other students where I have a few questions for him. Hopefully I will be able to post them as well as his answers afterwards.

If you want to learn more about Paul he has an autobiography out called An Ordinary Man that is available at all your major book retailers. I am about 50 pages in and I have already made mental notes of many things he says that I think are of significance. I am very excited for this opportunity.

No comments: