Monday, December 8, 2008

Destiny In The Stars

When I was on the school tour a couple of weeks ago with George, Eternia, Masia One and the crew from 411 Initiative for Change, we had some deep conversations on the road trip. We would talk about the best place to get a shwarma, what our favorite apple was, and the room service menus. Half joking. We also had a few serious moments that I found really interesting.

George had some very intelligent and intriguing things he had studied to talk about. One particular conversation has had me thinking ever since. He has always been very interested in the stars, as have I, so when the topic came up my ears perked up. He explained to us that destiny is written in the stars. I will try to condense and sum up the conversation:

According to the theory of light years depending on how far away a star is, by the time you see one or it reaches your eyes it no longer exists. In essence it is happening in the future. If there was a telescope that far away that could relay information back to earth then it could see things happening many ‘light years’ ahead or before they happened. The future exists and can be seen, unfortunately we just don’t have the ability to see it yet.

Now whenever you look up in the stars you can know you are looking at your future. I have always believed in destiny and now this just grounds it in a theory.

No comments: