Monday, November 12, 2007

A lot on my mind

2 Posts in one day, but I have a lot I would like to talk about. I have received a few emails and facebook messages from you wonderful readers and I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Some of you are doing some truly remarkable things and should be very proud of yourselves. I hope that in some way my writing is able to help you in any way.

Ally Pintucci, who recently messaged me about her ambitious project of raising $10 000 for Free the Childrens Brick by Brick campaign is looking for some help. While she has certainly got the ambition to attain her goals, working with some of you other remarkable people out there is sure to make doing so a lot easier. If anyone out there would like to help out with this initiative or has some fundraising ideas, please either email me or look her up on facebook and send her the ideas directly. I think this would be a wonderful discussion for everyone who, like Ally, would like to do some fundraising but need some fresh ideas on how to, so please do not hesitate to post your comments and ideas here on my blog. To learn more about the Brick by Brick campaign through Free the Children click here.

This weekend I will be traveling back to my former university, where I will be helping out with an initiative I co-founded last year. The Canadian Conference on Student Leadership was a dream of mine and another former students, Kathryn McIntosh. We had the privilege of traveling down to Disney World about 3 years ago to attend the US equivalent conference and were inspired to start our own here in Canada. It took us a year to plan and get the funding but last year was the inaugural conference which had 150 students from across Canada attend. It was an incredible weekend where we were all inspired by fellow students and professionals. I am truly excited to see this years conference and see some people from last year as well as some new faces. To see this conference grow is a dream of mine and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Please check out the website, and if you get a chance I highly recommend you try and attend next years event.

One last thought. I find all your ideas, comments, and emails extremely inspiring. I hope that you continue to update me on what you are up to. Even I, the eternal optimist, needs a little pick-me-up, and your actions provide just that.

No comments: